It is hard having such a gorgeous family :)

It is hard having such a gorgeous family :)

Friday, August 13, 2010

Addenbrookes take two...

So when we first got to England in 2008 I was almost 5 months pregnant with Cambree. The Lakenheath Hospital on Base referred me to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge for an ultrasound to take a look at the babies heart chambers. It was my first real taste of what it would be like to be British. You have to pay to park at the hospital for appointments. The nurses wear very old fashion looking uniforms... the whole place kinda makes you think you've entered 1946 or something. Anyway it felt totally weird but cool to be wandering the halls of Addenbrookes hospital today with Cambree on our way to get an ultrasound of our twins. Almost like we had come full circle again!

I waited patiently in the waiting room surrounded by British pregnant women. It's funny how a simply accent can make you feel so out of place. Let's be honest England might as well be Germany or Sweden because half the time you have no idea what they are saying to you. The accents are pretty thick and most of the time I end up saying "what?" at least three times before I understand.

Anyway they called us back to the very same room we were in 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Cambree. The doctor started the ultrasound and suddenly I was watching my amazing twins on the big screen. One was even waving to me. Seriously.... either that or just moving his hand around lol! The doctor said I was measuring at 13 weeks and 2 days instead of the 12 weeks I thought I was at! I was pretty excited about that! My new due date is February 16th which is crazy because Cambree's original due date was February 12th which is two days before Valentines Day.... and the twins are due 2 days after Valentines Day.

So the doctor said everything looked good so I was pretty relieved. It is super exciting to see my babies moving around and kicking... now if we could only find out the sex of the babies we will be set! Well that's my report from Cambridge, UK! :)

No comments:

Welcome to the Fabulous life of The Christensens

England or Bust..

The Fabulous Christensens