It is hard having such a gorgeous family :)

It is hard having such a gorgeous family :)

Monday, March 16, 2009

It's all about the knee's....


Well I don't know how many of you recall the famous story of how I found out I was pregnant. So there I was back in May of 2007 .. in my fashionable surgical gown waiting in the bed to be taken back to have surgery on my knee.... I was sitting there nervously thinking about what was about to happen. Mind you I have had 5 previous surgeries on my knees so really there wasn't much I should have been scared about .. and quite frankly I think its about time we can start calling them bum knees because they aren't your average knees... Anyway so there I was... waiting... when I received the shock of my life.. the nurse came in with the results of my routine urine sample and informed me that I was PREGNANT and not going to be able to have the much needed surgery. I was in shock and complete disbelief and naturally I thought the nurse had made a huuuuge mistake and I was silently calling her mean names in my head.

Well to make a long story short, she was right... I was a few weeks along...and now after 8 months of being pregnant (my baby came 3 1/2 weeks early) i had my darling baby and was more than ready to get this knee finally fixed!!
So I went to see Dr. Murray today and I got set up for surgery on March 31st. Now you might remember I was due to fly back to England on March 30th... but now I will have to extend a few weeks. After my surgery I can't fly back for about two weeks due to possible blood clots since it is such a long flight back. So you see the life of Erin Lindbloom Christensen is never normal. At least this time when I am backing anxiously waiting to be taken back for surgery I can rest assured that I won't be pregnant!!!!

3 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Well good luck with your surgery & congrats on not being pregnant again;)

dana said...

good luck and if you need anything, let me know. I love you. Mom

M. Leigh Marrott said...

I was so excited thinking you would be back soon :( Hope the surgery goes well. Cambree sure is beyond adorable. Hoping you are well... Mir

Welcome to the Fabulous life of The Christensens

England or Bust..

The Fabulous Christensens